When I was a kid I always thought it would be grand to have a newspaper route or work for the post office and deliver letters and goodies to people every day. Now I fulfill that childhood wish every season when a new issue of CraftSanity Magazine comes back from the printer and it’s time to deliver the issues to the kind retailers who help me bring the publication to the masses.
Yesterday I spent the morning addressing envelopes to all you wonderful people who ordered magazines and thinking how lucky I am to have your support. (Thank you so much!) Then Jeff and I updated the shop invoices and loaded into the car with the kids for an afternoon of deliveries. We stopped for a stir fry lunch in Grand Rapids and eventually hit candy and ice cream shops in downtown Holland. We also enjoyed our time looking at great books and magazines at Reader’s World in Holland. I dig that store for the variety it offers and not just because they carry my magazine and even decided to stock some back issues, too.
We capped the day off with a stop at our local library to sign the girls up for the summer reading club. We also signed up for the reading club at Schuler Books, too. So while the day was filled with CraftSanity business, we were together as a family and we had fun along the way.
Below is a list of retailers stocking the summer issue of CrafSanity Magazine. (Please check back because I will be adding more shops in the coming days.)
* Clever Ewe, 590 Ada Drive Southeast, Ada, MI, (616) 682-1545
* Country Needleworks, 584 Chicago Dr. Jenison, MI, (616) 457 9410.
* Field’s Fabrics, 1695 44th St. SE, Kentwood, MI, 616-455-9330
* Lakeshore Sewing, 1031 Gezon Parkway SW, Wyoming, MI, (616) 531-5561 and 1971 E. Beltline NE, (616) 365-8282
* Minty Keen, (a vintage and handmade shop) 125 Ottawa NW Suite 170, in Grand Rapids, (616) 551-1613
* Schuler Books & Music (all three locations)
– 40 Fountain St NW, Grand Rapids, Michigan (616) 459-7750
– 3165 Alpine Avenue Northwest, Walker – (616) 647-0999
– 2660 28th Street Southeast, Kentwood -(616) 942-2561
* Threadbender Yarn Shop, 2767 44th Street SW, Wyoming, MI, (616) 531-6641
* Sister’s Fabrics, 218 E State St., Hastings, MI, 269-945-9673
On the Lakeshore:
Copies have been shipped to:
* Starstruck Cat Studio, 3130 Meridan Parke Drive, Suite H, Greenwood, Ind., (317) 889-9665
Please note that quantities are limited in some locations, so call ahead to reserve your copy.
If you’re interested in stocking CraftSanity Magazine in your shop, contact me and I’ll hook you up. : )
And if you’d rather have the PDF of issue 3, you can purchase it for $5 on the left side bar of this site. I will have more PDF details to share when I get back from today’s deliveries.
Have a great day everyone! The weather is looking beautiful here in West Michigan.
P.S. The photo at the top of today’s post is a detail shot of the crepe paper flower tutorial featured in the new summer issue. These flowers, designed by Cydney Colvig, are so fun to make.