Strawberry Fields Forever

by jennifer

The sky was looking iffy yesterday morning, but the girls and I headed out to the strawberry patch anyway, almost daring the clouds to rain on us.

They did not.

Chilly and overcast, the conditions turned out to be perfect for picking and photography. Within 30 minutes we had plucked 14 pounds of juicy berries from our assigned row in the field and were ready to move on to the ice cream stand and petting zoo.

Watching my daughters running down the straw-covered pathways with berrry-smeared faces, I imagined that I’d really enjoy being a strawberry farmer. What fun to tend to a place for families to visit and children to learn where strawberry jam comes from. It was a good day.

Did you make your jam yet? We used Pomona’s Universal Pectin this year. It requires less sugar to jell than some other brands, but that’s not why I bought it. I really like the artwork on the box. (I know.)

Turns out this was a good move. The jam tastes good and the girls love it, too.

You may also like

79 comments

best auto insurance in Sherman Oaks CA September 16, 2017 - 12:19 pm

Normally I don’t read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very nice post.

direct auto insurance West Haven CT September 16, 2017 - 2:31 pm

Pau Vallejo escrigué:Xavier,Gran article company! M’ha agradat molt. Les coses clares. Tant de bo el llegeixi molta gent. És d’aquells articles que mentre el llegeixo penso de com m’agradaria que arribes a mans de gent que no són de la mateixa corda que nosaltres, perquè segur que com a mínim els faria pensar i replantejar-se algunes coses.Comparteixo Xavier.

car insurance in Sammamish WA September 16, 2017 - 3:55 pm

Hello Bob! This is Cathy Ellis at NRH. We are actively reducing falls as one of our quality initiatives. Seems that application of Human Factors Science is a key element in reduction of falls. What are your thoughts?

cheap non owners insurance in Cleveland MS September 16, 2017 - 7:37 pm

olfeuszTo masz dziwny sklepik. Ja jeżeli coś kupię to mam w sklepiku "Kupione". Wystarczy, że znajdziesz daną grę w sklepiku i teraz dzięki fajnym zmianom wszystko mamy już na tacy. Moim zdaniem poruszanie się teraz po sklepiku jest intuicyjne i przyjemne. Inna sprawa, że chodzi trochę wolno.

list of car insurances in Tulsa OK September 16, 2017 - 10:26 pm

I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

direct auto insurance Brentwood TN September 17, 2017 - 2:11 am

Speaking of exploding Progs head, though I'm not Jewish I just donated to Mike Grimm's campaign via Sarah Palin's endorsement.Sarah Palin and Joooos money! What will the Progs do about that!

cheap auto insurance Kennewick WA September 17, 2017 - 2:14 am

Hey Ian,GREAT comment thanks very much for sharing. I know I’ve certainly experienced way more failures than successes but as you say, the success you DO get often turn out to be an indicator of where you need to focus.thanksJustin

car insurance quotes Simi Valley CA September 17, 2017 - 3:18 am

Shin Bet operatives threatening detainees with the rape of their wives and sisters – another low for Ziobotulism. Very depressing, what they do in the name of a once great religion.

cheapest auto insurance in Sioux Falls SD September 17, 2017 - 6:15 am

Als elwin een beetje sportief is meld hij zich als nog bij de organisatie en verteld dan wat hem dwars zit want de markt was perfeect super georganiseerd niks op aan te merken goed gedaan Arjan en Joey. Ook het feest in de Plaza was super erg druk maar bere gezellig

cheapest auto insurance in Bellefontaine OH September 17, 2017 - 7:19 am

Sei tu l'esperto di queste cose.. quali informazioni ti servono?Non saprei: non è una diceria investigabile, a meno che qualcuno in IKEA pubblichi su Wikileaks il memo interno che lancia la campagna virale :-)Rispetto alle tue ipotesi:Sono fantastiche, ti hanno mai detto che sei meravigliosamente razionale?? Sì, grazie. Di solito però aggiungono "come una libreria dell'Ikea".

car insurance quotes Cincinnati OH September 17, 2017 - 9:11 am

recent Grab Bag I ordered (along with refills of the Facial Cleanser and Renewal Serum I use daily, often in-between sets of pushups and bicep curls!), all for only $41! Still stumped? Head on over to the Arbonne website and find something

free car insurance quotes Lake Worth FL September 17, 2017 - 9:35 am

whoah this weblog is magnificent i like reading your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You know, many individuals are hunting around for this information, you can aid them greatly.

no down payment auto insurance in Hartford CT September 17, 2017 - 11:29 am

I love the new theme. I love the more usable comment threading.I am, however, interested in what readers think about the usability aspects. Hopefully we can come to some sort of happy consensus in terms of usability, though I know that different people may have different needs. I imagine that this might be an iterative process as we try to figure out, with our readers and commenters, how best to proceed.

look auto insurance Modesto CA September 17, 2017 - 12:37 pm

Saudara keliru nama saya dan Yunus,kerana dulu kami berkawan rapat,dan dari spesis yang sama.Kalu yunus yang tuan maksud kan sekarang ini berada Tkt 31 Maju Towers dan menetap di Bangsar.Segala Biodata saya ada pada admin jika hendak di hubungi.Saya menetap di Gombak tidak berapa jauh dari kediaman tuan.

payless auto insurance Jupiter FL September 17, 2017 - 2:50 pm

Sans rêve il est difficile de réaliser de grandes choses ;Merci Alain, je redirige dans divers réseaux pour partager ce beau rêve, si concret, si documenté, si réalisable .

affordable auto insurance Pinellas Park FL September 17, 2017 - 4:33 pm

Je découvre votre blog, votre gouaille, votre analyse : un vrai régal!Par contre, j’ai eu le plaisir de suivre votre parcours à une époque où Hingis et Federer apprenaient à jouer au tennis et où Jakob Hlasek et vous faisiez briller le tennis suisse. Je suivais tout cela du Congo Brazzaville. C’est vous dire ma joie de vous lire aujourd’hui!Bonne et heureuse année 2009 :)

full coverage car insurance Richmond VA September 17, 2017 - 6:18 pm

Ik weet niet of ik dit mag zeggen, maar toch doe ik het.Ondanks dat Mohammed af en toe een klootzak kan zijn kun je alleen maar een ding zeggen op bovenstaand stuk en dat is:Amen!

car insurance in Carlisle PA September 17, 2017 - 10:48 pm

written a good bit on corporate culture, first on building a magnetic culture, then on creating a solid, single culture after M&A. But what is culture? I like the simple

auto insurance quotes Katy TX September 18, 2017 - 12:21 am

Un regalo de amor y reflexion es el que nos muestras dia a dia, gracias por recordarnos esas pequenas cosas que a veces no tomamos en cuenta. Eres toda una "guerrera" que lucha con amor. Gracias por ser un ejemplo para todas las mamas.

cheap car insurance quotes Harriman TN September 18, 2017 - 1:36 am

Så skønt at Jølle nyder turene til dyrlægen og at aflevere en portion blod. Jeg ved slet ikke om sådan noget findes i Danmark, men får jeg hund engang vil jeg undersøge det.Både du og helten Jølle må have en dejlig dag :-))

1 2 3 4