Strawberry Fields Forever

by jennifer

The sky was looking iffy yesterday morning, but the girls and I headed out to the strawberry patch anyway, almost daring the clouds to rain on us.

They did not.

Chilly and overcast, the conditions turned out to be perfect for picking and photography. Within 30 minutes we had plucked 14 pounds of juicy berries from our assigned row in the field and were ready to move on to the ice cream stand and petting zoo.

Watching my daughters running down the straw-covered pathways with berrry-smeared faces, I imagined that I’d really enjoy being a strawberry farmer. What fun to tend to a place for families to visit and children to learn where strawberry jam comes from. It was a good day.

Did you make your jam yet? We used Pomona’s Universal Pectin this year. It requires less sugar to jell than some other brands, but that’s not why I bought it. I really like the artwork on the box. (I know.)

Turns out this was a good move. The jam tastes good and the girls love it, too.

You may also like

79 comments

Gerrie March 9, 2017 - 10:44 pm

Iddio, è nero su bianco, guarderà alla sincerità del cuore.Bella frase, ma all'atto pratico cosa vuol dire?E' nel vangelo di Matteo e nel ca.sihcemotSi salverà, uso un termine antiquato, chi magari non ha mai sentito parlare di GC, o anche chi lo ha rifiutato per motivi sinceri, ma tra il male e il bene ha scelto il bene

star stable coin generator April 20, 2017 - 2:47 pm

Thanks for contributing. It’s helped me understand the issues.

direct auto insurance Jonesboro GA September 14, 2017 - 10:34 pm

Francesa is a pompous jerk who purports to know everything when it comes to sports. His opinion is always right, so don’t disagree with him! Even when he gets something wrong (as he OFTEN does), he’ll spin his way out of his mistake.

us agency car insurance Tallahassee FL September 15, 2017 - 12:22 am

Lol moi je ne serais pas contre une collaboration. Par exemple Moby et Ben Harper c’était un peu improbable, alors je garde espoir ! ^^  jeni

cheap auto insurance quotes Carencro LA September 15, 2017 - 3:15 am

AMT has nothing to do with mortgage interest. AMT can limit your ability to deduct property taxes. The mortgage interest deduction is far more valuable at higher tax rates than lower tax rates. The property tax deduction is far more valuable at lower tax rates.

low income auto insurance Ridgewood NJ September 15, 2017 - 5:02 am

Ciao, Gran bella giornata, i video proposti dalla rtsi erano molto interessanti e il pomeriggio con Paolo Attivissimo credo che sia stato il momento clou della giornata. Abbiamo imparato veramente tanto, sperando che una giornata così si ripeta, porgo i migliori complimenti a Paolo che ha impostato molto bene la presentazione ed è riuscito a trasmetterci molte informazioni..peccato che solo una parte dei gruppi abbiano potuto partecipare..saluti camillo

non owners car insurance quotes Owensboro KY September 15, 2017 - 6:25 am

Be’,ma grazie dei complimenti,davvero tu mi vizi troppo!!!Bei tempi quelli in cui stavamo a raccontarci le storie “paurose”(e Poe era immancabile!)…Per quanto riguarda l’interpretazione adesso che siamo cresciute ho scavato un pochetto nel mio cervello e ho adoperato la mia capacità critica,che la maggior parte delle volte è in letargo! Grazie ancora per il commento,o mia lettrice numero 1!

cheapest car insurance in Meriden CT September 15, 2017 - 8:27 am

concur I concur I concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurI concurHappy April Fools'

full coverage auto insurance NE September 15, 2017 - 10:56 am

I’ve just found your blog and I haven’t had the oportunity to read a lot of it so I’m not sure if you have had the chance to visit Lisbon in Portugal, but I tell you: I think this is the place for you! Great weather with a small amount of winter, amazing food, good people, 20 minutes from amazing beaches. Great night life! thin about it!

cheap non owners insurance in Minneapolis MN September 15, 2017 - 3:33 pm

Just an FYI, I didn’t finish watching this video because I couldn’t fast-forward it to see if there was any valuable content, and I got tired of hearing the sales-y bullshit.

auto owners insurance Joliet IL September 15, 2017 - 4:38 pm

Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for info about this topic for a long time and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?|What i don’t understood is if truth be told how you’re not really a lot more smartly-favored than you may be right now. You’re so intelligent.

full coverage auto insurance Rome NY September 15, 2017 - 4:45 pm

Yes it was nice to see the Habs put together a “complete” game. This has surely been a rarity the post season, but I hope it shows what is to come from Montreal for the remainder of the series, and HOPEFULLY the Finals.And don’t apologize for your rant on our podcast, it was great and I liked the true emotion it brings out in you. I let it roll out constant when i talk about THAT team!P.S. Ive received several “thumbs up” for mu convicts jersey comment! HAHA

car insurance Westerville OH September 15, 2017 - 4:53 pm

I know a family that has a special needs child who is still in diapers at age 10 years old. Because of his deficits, he messes up a lot of clothes. His sister/guardian has a washing machine but no dryer. She has a clothes line but neighbors’ trees prevent sun from shining on the clothes line which makes it even more difficult to get the clothes dried and keep up with the laundry. My Christmas wish is that this family be blessed with a working clothes dryer. Thank you for careing. Janice

cheapest car insurance Castro Valley CA September 15, 2017 - 5:10 pm

Interesting how businesses want to defend monopolistic practices.Yet, turn it around and unionize workers or prevent businesses from leaving the country to find workers who can live on lower wages and look what happens.I won't even get into how the monopolies or monopoly (depending on your perspective) that comprise our 2 valid political parties fail to meet the needs of the citizens of this country.

low income car insurance Manassas VA September 15, 2017 - 7:42 pm

The movie is going to be about a mass murder involving a roller coaster train flying off the track into a crowd of people… because that is what happens when you play roller coaster tycoon

auto insurance quotes Irmo SC September 15, 2017 - 10:45 pm

What the Liberals can’t stomach is that Conservatives have become much better at Oppo. tactics than they were/are. Why? Gee, could they have read Kinsella’s books? Could be. I’m really glad to see that the CPC Oppo. team was so quick off the mark on this.

autokredit vergleich September 16, 2017 - 12:47 am

You attempt to love them and they repeatedly are rude, disrespectful, and hurtfulAnd they are aware of what they are doing and do not wish to change?Divorce in my opinion of biblical scripture is not an option for loving one’s wife/husband is a commandHow is this reconciled? Does God reconcile this or is it because the person chose their spouse this is the situation that they will have to deal with?I think often about Hosea and GomerWhat is scripture regarding this manner?

cheapest car insurance in Omaha NE September 16, 2017 - 4:50 am

I just want to mention I am all new to blogs and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m likely to bookmark your blog . You definitely have great well written articles. Kudos for revealing your webpage.

cheapest car insurance Kansas City KS September 16, 2017 - 8:26 am

Masse flotte bilder. Ønsker deg et riktig godt nytt år og en fin dag i morgen. Takker for masse fine innlegg jeg har hatt gleden av å få lese og gleder meg til å komme tilbake hit i 2010.Trude :)

look auto insurance Angier NC September 16, 2017 - 11:52 am

Posted on December 24, 2012 at 10:09 amThe root of your writing whilst appearing reasonable at first, did not really work very well with me after some time. Somewhere within the paragraphs you were able to make me a believer but only for a very short while. I nevertheless have a problem with your jumps in logic and one might do nicely to help fill in all those gaps. In the event that you actually can accomplish that, I would definitely end up being amazed.

1 2 3 4