Mother’s Day Dandelion Fork Flower Tutorial

by jennifer

Dandelions rank among my favorite flowers. I used to pick them for my mom when I was a kid and now I get to watch my daughters pick them for me. Because most people consider them weeds, no one ever gets on your case for picking them and I love that, too.

I wrote a Mother’s Day column about dandelions that will be published in Sunday’s Grand Rapids Press, but wanted to share the instructions and the video to weave up a “dandy” pin or bouquet today so you have time to whip up some flowers for your mom or make plans to craft with your kids this weekend. I learned how to make fork flowers from my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Behling, and have been making them every since. I hope you get hooked on weaving with kitchen forks, too.

There’s a lot on my to-do list between now and Mother’s Day. I’m headed to the YMCA to take down the apron show in a bit and then headed back home to continue embroidering the apron I will race in during the 33rd annual Fifth Third River Bank Run 25K on Saturday. I’m running to raise awareness and money for my charity sponsor, Safe Haven Ministries, a local non-profit that aids women and children who have suffered from domestic violence. (Check out my last post for info about buying and apron to support the cause. We’ve raised more than $1,600 so far!)

It’s been an exhausting couple of months leading up to this race, so I’m really looking forward to taking a post-race nap. :  ) And before I get all caught up in the pre-race jitters and post race exhaustion, I want to wish all the crafty moms out there a  Happy Mother’s Day a little bit early with a little fork flower tutorial. You can download the PDF or read it below. A quick video tutorial follows. I’ll be demonstrating how to make the flowers live on WZZM’s “Take Five” local morning show here in Grand Rapids tomorrow, too. Please let me know if you have any questions. A special thanks to my husband, Jeff, for helping me put all this together.

You may also like

90 comments

ticketing agents in chennai|air ticketing jobs in chennai|air ticketing course in chennai|air ticketing jobs in chennai for freshers|air ticketing job in chennai|air ticketing and travel management course in chennai|air ticketing institutes in chennai|air September 16, 2015 - 6:52 am

I do not even know how I finished up right here, however I believed this publish was good. I do not understand who you’re however definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t already. Cheers!

Best of 2015: My 15 favorite posts from 2015 | A Wandaful Thing December 28, 2015 - 8:20 am

[…] Mother’s Day Dandelion Fork Flower by Craft Sanity – I have made several of these and everyone loves them.  You can watch the youtube tutorial […]

good morning 3d picture May 16, 2017 - 6:48 am

Quality posts is the secret to attract the visitors to pay a visit the site, that’s
what this web page is providing.

in one instant gallery May 25, 2017 - 8:07 am

What i do not realize is actually how you’re no longer actually a lot more well-appreciated than you might be now.
You’re so intelligent. You recognize therefore significantly
on the subject of this matter, made me individually consider it from
numerous various angles. Its like women and men are not fascinated until it’s one thing to
do with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

maria jose May 28, 2017 - 2:37 pm

IT IS VERY BAD THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

76Rodolfo August 2, 2017 - 1:23 am

Hello blogger, i must say you have hi quality content here.

Your page should go viral. You need initial traffic boost only.
How to get it? Search for; Mertiso’s tips go viral

GeorgiannaX August 9, 2017 - 2:58 pm

Hello blogger i see you don’t monetize your blog.
You can earn additional bucks easily, search on youtube for: how to earn selling articles

Coach Outlet Locations September 14, 2017 - 11:21 pm

Im really Glad i ran across this website.Added allenchu.4rtofclean.com to my bookmark!
Coach Outlet Locations http://www.coachoutletlocations.com

adidas outlet online September 15, 2017 - 1:57 am

Daniel, yea I can see what you probably did there. I really favored that part, however hehe I am not that harsh like my dad with these things. He all the time tells me loopy stories again within the day and calls me a loser. I assume it is time I move out of my mother and father basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad think xD Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good supply like this.
adidas outlet online http://www.cheapadidas.online

Port & Comapany Men's Big And Tall Knit Polo Jersey 3X Tall September 15, 2017 - 3:43 am

Michael Jonathan Wilson^Wore it snowboarding all season~5|BBC371^LOVED IT! Nice quality!~5|m.gomez123^Purchased this for my 18 year old who skateboards and is interning at NASA . She loves it and wears it with pride.~5|Amazon Customer^nice quality~5|Shelly^Just exactly what I wanted.~5|shan jie lin^Made in China&#44 quality is very very poor. I put it thrown into the trash&#44 and very disappointed later.~3|Tim R. Smith^bought it for my 15 yr. Son. Would buy a size larger than what you need. Looks great. NASA symbol stands out against the blue background!~4|

mulberry for cheap September 15, 2017 - 4:32 am

Im not going to say what everyone else has already said, but I do want to comment on your knowledge of the topic. Youre truly well-informed. I cant believe how much of this I just wasnt aware of. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. Im truly grateful and really impressed. <a href=//legosforgirls.info/
mulberry for cheap http://www.cheapmulberry.com

factory coach online September 15, 2017 - 7:08 am

After reading some of the comments on this blog, Id have to say Im in agreement with the majority.
factory coach online http://www.coachhandbagsoutlet2015.com

arcteryx outlet online September 15, 2017 - 9:44 am

I truly like the fresh perpective you did on the issue. Truly was not expecting that when I started off studying. Your concepts were simple to understand that I wondered why I never looked at it prior to. Glad to know that theres an individual out there that definitely understands what hes discussing. Great job
arcteryx outlet online http://www.arcteryxoutletonlineu.com

chanel bags store September 15, 2017 - 12:22 pm

I just thought I would leave a comment to let you how much of a nice read this actually was.
chanel bags store http://www.voguebags.online

QuentinX September 15, 2017 - 1:48 pm

I see your blog needs some fresh posts. Writing manually takes a lot of time, but there is
tool for this time consuming task, search for;
Wrastain’s tools for content

borse gucci outlet online September 15, 2017 - 2:30 pm

This is good stuff, its cool to be in the know.
borse gucci outlet online http://www.cheapgucci.online

alexander mcqueen outlet online September 15, 2017 - 2:30 pm

I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks – you cleared up some things for me!
alexander mcqueen outlet online http://www.ebaymall.store

mk promo codes September 15, 2017 - 2:59 pm

Please tell me that youre heading to keep this up! Its so good and so important. I cant wait to read much more from you. I just feel like you know so very much and know how to make people listen to what you might have to say. This weblog is just also cool to be missed. Excellent things, genuinely. Please, PLEASE keep it up!
mk promo codes http://www.michaelkorsoutletcoupons.com

cheap prada sale September 15, 2017 - 5:37 pm

cheap prada sale http://www.6pmsale.online

ecco online store September 15, 2017 - 8:14 pm

I think that is an motivating point, it made me think a bit. Thank you for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I get so much in a rut that I just sense like a record.
ecco online store http://www.eccoonlinestore.com