CraftSanity Podcast Episode 106: Go behind the scenes with Oliver + S Children’s Clothing Pattern Designer Liesl Gibson

by jennifer

On this episode of CraftSanity, Liesl Gibson shares the story of how she started her Brooklyn-based pattern company, Oliver + S. If you lurk around sewing blogs or frequent an independent fabric shop, you’ve probably seen her classic line that features darling designs to sew for girls and boys.

Each pattern comes with a paper doll that sports the designs featured in the patten. And to boost the cute factor even higher, Oliver + S just released a spool dog cut-out as seen in the photo above.

From the fashion district to Wall Street, Liesl’s path to launching her own line of children’s clothing patterns is entertaining and inspiring. Tune in to hear Liesl chat about everything from her childhood days watching her mother sew to working in the fashion industry, and the challenges of running a handmade business.

Review us on iTunes
If you haven’t already, review the show on iTunes to help get the word out about the show.

Support the show!
Buy a CraftSanity T-shirt or button or sponsor an episode. Also, check out my etsy shop to see my handmade line of wooden peg looms.

Taking Names
Who do you want to hear from next? Send your comments, guest and show topic suggestions to jennifer@craftsanity.com

You may also like

63 comments

cheap full coverage car insurance Harvey LA September 16, 2017 - 7:10 pm

Hey I have to do an oral commentary with this poem as well! I also, never saw Sadie as an alcoholic, but rather someone that got the most out of life. As a consequence of her actions, she shamed her parents and sister. But she definately lived life to the fullest. Poor Maud needs to mellow out a bit.

affordable auto insurance North Richland Hills TX September 16, 2017 - 8:29 pm

i got the cement IIIs last Wed & Ive been rockin the fuck out of them. the quality on these is so much betta than the retros JB has put out lately.

auto owners insurance Canton MI September 16, 2017 - 10:52 pm

When is this bitches next vacation? Fucking cunt has had the life of a tyCOON the last 4 years. What’s she going to do when she can’t take her MILLION dollar vacations on the taxpayers dime?

low income car insurance dmv Lebanon PA September 17, 2017 - 1:44 am

Couldn´t be written any much better. Reading that post reminds me of my old room mate! He continually kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Extremely certain he can have a very good read. Thanks for sharing!

auto insurance quotes The Colony TX September 17, 2017 - 7:04 am

"Ha pensato a due o tre look che possono funzionare e li ripete all'infinito."Ovviamente questo che hai postato oggi rientra negli altri 13 milioni che fanno ribrezzo, vero?!

non owners auto insurance quotes Elgin IL September 17, 2017 - 9:25 am

The public gets their hands on the hottest gadget around and in return, companies gets consumers to try out their products at the same time. This type of advertising saves them millions; which more than pays for the iPad.

cheapest car insurance Marrero LA September 17, 2017 - 12:11 pm

LeahFunny how people ask about that top or bottom thing. I would never ask that from anyone. Being a straight woman, I would feel that its kind of the same if someone would ask me places and positions in my sexlife, or if I´m giving blowjobs or having analsex…

list of auto insurances in NV September 17, 2017 - 4:29 pm

I would think any decent Black Christian would utterly rebuke Jamie FOXX LOUD and clear.The ones I know remain silent even though they praise Jesus all the time..Can’t laugh & clap at a fools remark..

cheap car insurance Gaylord MI September 17, 2017 - 8:20 pm

I think that the biggest problem is the MASSIVE disparity between the 70-year guarantee for "copyright" rights [humanities majors; typically Jewish, or rights sold to Jews] -versus- the 17-year guarantee for "patent" rights [hard science majors; typically Scots/English/German engineering & scientific types].If we are going to have a regime of intellectual property rights, then we dadgum sure ought to have an attendant sense of equal protection/equal punishment as regards property rights, so that, in particular, either EVERYTHING gets 70 years, or EVERYTHING gets 17 years.

car insurance in Logan WV September 17, 2017 - 8:51 pm

Exact ca si in situatia problemelor de upload/download ilegal.Ilegal si mi se pare normal e cel care promoveaza/publica/urca fisiere ilegale si nu cel ce descarca.Cel care descarca se foloseste de un lucru public,accesibil tuturor.De ce ar fi interzis daca este in cel mai public loc de pe planeta ,Internetul?Probleme ce apar dupa ce descarca(tehnice,piraterie) sunt asumate de el si nu de stat sau altcineva.Probabil va iesi un mic scandal si in Germania cu aceasta hotarare.

car insurance in Johnson City TN September 17, 2017 - 9:51 pm

I found your blog after googling for an empanada dough. THANK YOU, the dough recipe was fabulous! I bloomed some saffron in the water and let it cool. I mixed cooked chicken with sauteed onions and peppers and added chipotles in adobo. My fiance loved iy, thank you, they baked up beautifully!

low income auto insurance dmv Spokane WA September 17, 2017 - 11:44 pm

I’ve been looking for a similar laptop stand; everything I’ve found costs $200. So I’m still using a big old table (made out of scrap wood and an old door.) It’s too low, but it’s much higher than the floor, which is my next best option. . .

cheap auto insurance Cleveland TN September 18, 2017 - 12:13 am

I couldn’t resist the audio version of Adam Mansbach’s GO THE F**K TO SLEEP (Akashic Books), read by Samuel L. Jackson — Jackson’s voice is resonant and soothing, yet gritty and exasperated, perfect for the story of a frustrated parent trying to get that kid to sleep!I would love the mystery collection and the fiction collection.Thanks for the opportunity!

cheapest auto insurance in Santa Rosa CA September 18, 2017 - 12:36 am

Karen BernettiAugust 31, 2012 The walmart supercenter in FL Pembroke Pines & 184 has very good inventory and their staff are more professional than other walmarts I’ve visited.

cheap car insurance quotes Buford GA September 18, 2017 - 1:20 am

i was surprised to find that LaSenza was stocking my 32A size after years of me actually longing to have bras from there (i felt as if it was some kind of club that I wasn’t invited to…), but once I tried it on… I realised there must have been some kind of labelling error.

no down payment car insurance in Mechanicsville VA September 18, 2017 - 5:29 am

Hello Aditi,You are absolutely correct there. Many people do blogging for hobby, that makes them feel good, but these days, most of the people do this for money, especially, youngsters.And yes, that’s true that blogging helps us to meet new, different people around the world. That is my favorite part by the way.Abhi recently posted..

affordable auto insurance Sevierville TN September 18, 2017 - 11:30 am

Hi there. Very cool site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m glad to find so much helpful info here in the article. Thanks for sharing.

payless auto insurance Media PA September 18, 2017 - 1:27 pm

I love all the azaleas blooming and the dogwoods. The bright colors. All the birds in my yard passing through. The warmer but not hot weather.

best auto insurance in Anniston AL September 18, 2017 - 1:51 pm

it's normal. Refused to listened to our issues. I bought it for kitchen because it was "heat and scratch resistant" and advertised as extremely durable. This was one of my biggest (and most expensive) mistakes.

cheap non owners insurance in Ridgeland MS September 18, 2017 - 7:08 pm

I think it may have many applications. I recently received a package from a design firm I frequently use (they do cover designs, direct response, etc.). Inside was a beautiful four color book– 100 pages with a soft cover. It highlighted their many designs and photographs over the years. It was done through on-demand printing. So while I see authors taking advantage of such technology, I can also see on-demand for specialized advertising. Interesting stuff.

1 2 3 4