Tell me what I should make with all this Kaffe Fassett fibric and I might give you some. : )

Dear Readers,

I’m popping in to get your advice. I have been invited to participate in a blog tour for Kaffe Fassett’s new Artisan fabric collection and have been spoiled rotten with these lovely samples. I’m going to be back on Sept. 30 showing what I made. (Yes, I’m aware that that date is rapidly approaching. I’m a deadline artist, so I’ve trained for this kind of pressure.)

img_9537Here’s how you can help and perhaps pry some of this fabric out of my hands. Leave a comment below detailing what you think I should make and I’ll see what I can do on deadline. I have a few ideas of my own, but I’m looking to pick your creative brains and share the wealth. So please comment below and be sure to check out the whole blog tour listed below. I’ll be back soon with something cool and I will send fabric to those who post the best ideas. Good luck to all of us! : )

9/23/16 – Simple Simon and Company

9/30/16 – CraftSanity (Yay!)

10/7/16 – 100 Billion Stars

10-14-16 – Bijou Lovely Designs

10-21-16 – Mrs. Schmenkman Quilts

Oct. 28 – Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Nov. 4 – Sarah Fielke

UPDATE: Thank you all for your lovely suggestions! Read the post about the quilt I made here. The comment by Mark Richardson was selected as the winner of a Kaffe Fassett jelly roll. Congrats Mike!!

1. Bonney says:

I would “showcase” the fabric by choosing a solid color to frame each piece and I would make it a tied quilt. Simple but a wonderful way to see all the beautiful colors.

2. Pamela Thomas says:

How about starting with large clamshell shapes and then funky it up by putting the plaid/ checks at a slant… the clamshells will look like they are bursting forth with these rich, deep colors.Try to set them so they face up and to the sides. HAve fun with setting them together. Use yellow sparing to make it pop. It’s hard to get my vision into words, sorry. I can’t wait to see what you do!

3. Faith says:

I once made a quilt inspired by one Soule Mama made.

Your fabric seems like it could be a good match for this style, given that there would be the solid color to set the beautiful patterns apart (you could make a quilt, table runner, etc). Plus, you can decide how wide or narrow and how long or short each rectangle is. Here’s was the original inspiration: http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2011/04/a-quilt-for-harper.html

Bonus: I was making the above-mentioned quilt for my sister’s wedding, and I somehow managed it in under three weeks. I hear you on the trained procrastination. I, too, am a professional procrastinator, even with being relatively new to sewing.

4. Betsy says:

It makes me think of sun and sea, so I think you should do a kind of yellow sunny sky and blue waves- a wall hanging art quilt sort of thing. Beautiful fabrics!

5. Sherri West says:

There was a pattern I saw in The Complete Idiots Guide to Sewing by Missy Shepler for a wrap made with five inch squares . You can preview it n Google Books. It’s called Sweet Seamed Wrap. I had fun trying to make mine.

6. April says:

Sorry, but all I’ve got is a coat of many colors. A Technicolor Dream coat, if you will. ;) Or maybe a patchwork Ultimate Art Organizer case.

7. Ruth Hase-Gutierrez says:

I think a mini quilt, like a super awesome modern baby quilt or an intricate (but small) wall hanging!

8. Kelli says:

An amazing Apron! A hexagon quilt. Stacked coins quilt! A take on an Amish quilt with dark sashing. Gradient quilt in simple shapes. Starburst gradient from the center out. So many colors!

9. kelli says:

Amish Quilt in a Day – Variations of Roman Stripe by Eleanor Burns. Strip quilting, beautiful results. Would look amazing with these colors.

10. Marie says:

One of those awesome tepees/tents that you make! It would be so colorful and fun!

11. Gina says:

Such beautiful colors! I think a quilt would be perfect too; maybe a star one or a row quilt. The colors would be pretty set off against a medium or dark gray color too. Would make them pop even more!

12. Paula says:

I love doing the scrappy trip around the world blocks from Bonnie Hunter’s (quiltville.com) tutorial. See #scrappytripalong on Instagram for lots of inspirations. Kaffe fabrics work great for this! I’m not sure how the plaids in the this scale would work, but give it a try!

13. Renee says:

The idea that comes to my mind is a patchwork type dress. You could take a look at one called Bright Patchwork Dress on Craftsy as inspiration.

14. Mark Richardson says:

The south wall of my tiny house is lined with windows (for that passive solar heat in the Winter time) with five large ones low and seven smaller up high. I’ve drapes for the lower ones but for the upper middle five I have old shirts of mine strung on expandable curtain rods, to serve the need to block light coming in or going out. Your fabric squares, sewn to a backing sheet or just connected at the edges, would add a lovely touch to the mish-mash decorating practices of myself.

15. Maryse says:

Let’s see what about a fabulous Cape with wings …

16. Peter Piche says:

Something with various sized half square triangles with the dark and light fabrics accenting each other. the stripes and prints will add another contrast as well.. Maybe a neutral solid to make it all POP would be interesting. Quilt, Tablecloth, Drape, Shower Curtain, Skirt, Pillows, anything.

17. Rebecca in SoCal says:

I’ve been collecting KF fabrics for a Jenny Bowker Shimmer quilt. There’s a group on Facebook (Shimmering Quilts with Jenny Bowker) that shows the quilt made by many different people, and several have used these fabrics successfully.

18. Ann says:

I think this would be beautiful if used with coordinating solids for a Log Cabin Quilt. Totally yummy and easy peasy!

19. Robby H. says:

I’ think I’m too late to the party, but stars would really show this off. Make a great big print the center and then the points in co-ordinating or contrastnig prints, depending on how you roll. Look forward to seeing what you’ve done, these are gorgeous.

20. peggy Green says:

i always like a log cabin print as itis so easy…

21. somthing scrappy with larger pieces to show off the fabric. Isn’t it gorgeous?!?

22. asteride says:

It’s such a great collection! Everything you make and made is going to be fantastic!

23. calypso says:

A stripey quilt!

24. Lulu says:

I would add some solid blue and just go…..

25. I love Kaffee Fassett Fabric, and just bought lots of it for the “Tussy Mussy” pattern in the new book: “Quilts in Italy” When I bought the material, my friend with me asked what age the quilt was for, as it was going to be so pretty. I answered “The girl is age 76, it’s for me!” HA!
    Before I bought the new book I found a pattern called Fanciful Flowers in the February/March 2016 edition of McCall’s Quick Quilts. I thought it would make a great Kaffee Fassett quilt.

Bev Wiedeman
    Reno, Nevada

1. September 30, 2016

[…] gone wrong but didn’t to enter the drawing. Those who already posted comments on my previous post about this blog tour will be automatically entered into this drawing. A winner will be selected […]