Today I Took A Jam Break

1. Julie says:

Yum, that strawberry jam is seriously drool-worthy. I have some veggies from the CSA and fresh rhubarb in the fridge that I need to deal with before it goes “soft.” It’s great fresh, but I think for peace of mind, I need to get this stuff in the freezer. It’s a good lesson, if you pause to learn it, that time keeps flowing and if you use it well things just work out better. Of course, I say that as my time last night and this morning got sucked into knitting and not the work that I’d feel better about completing. Oh well, not complaining just learning out loud.

2. Beverly says:

What a timely post for me to read. It’s so easy for me to get caught up in the work I feel obliged to do that I neglect the pleasures of the season. I’m going to make some strawberry jam today, myself. I agree: the jar “pop” is a satisfying sound!

3. Lydia says:

Thanks so much Jennifer for mentioning the article in your CraftSanity Magazine. Your strawberry jam looks so good we could just eat it off the web. lol Got some cherries this morning so going to try that. Also, here in Florida the plums are getting ready to pick, so who knows. Homemade jams are just the best. Thanks again, Lydia

4. Brandi says:

I make jam every year and it’s a family event. What great memories.

5. jennifer says:

No problem, Lydia. I’m a big fan of your jam. Your strawberry jam recipe has become tradition in my house. I really love it!

6. jennifer says:

We only live once, so it makes sense to enjoy as much as we can. Have fun making jam today!

7. jennifer says:

Hi Julie. I used to belong to a CSA farm, too. It was challenging to stay on top of using up all the food. Now that I’ve had more time to practice perserving food and learning about canning, I feel better equiped to manage the harvest. Perhaps it time for me to rejoin the farm. : )

8. your jam looks so yummy. I am on a diet now, trying to lose the baby weight, since the baby is already 7 months old… LOL
    So no jam for me.

9. Elizabeth says:

I made jam for the first time in a few years. I’m making raspberry jam tomorrow – the boys and I have been picking them along the roadsides.

10. Jacky says:

wow,it’s amzing.
    i have once make juice from fresh apple bought from themarket,but i haven’t had a chance to make jam from strawberry!
    nice idea,i think i will have a try tomorrow!!

11. ellen says:

It’s important to keep in mind that your creativity will suffer if you don’t build some free time into your life, in addition to spending time with your precious girls before they are grown and gone. Balance can be hard to achieve.

12. Dawn says:

That strawberry jam looks wonderful, I wish you would have put your recipe on line. I am tired of following the recipe on the bo of sure-jel. Ill keep watching incase you decide to. Thanks

13. jennifer says:

Hi Dawn. The jam recipe I use is the one I published in issue 3 of CraftSanity Magazine. It was the summer 2011 issue. You can order a print copy of the magazine at CraftSanity.etsy.com or instantly download the PDF version of the magazine on the left side of this website. I hope this helps. All the best, Jennifer

14. sally green says:

HI,the strawberry jam looks great.I never do jam before,because I don’t know how to do them.I think i will try to learn from now.