Teaching More Than 500 Kids To Weave = The Best Week Ever!

1. Brandi says:

Wow sounds exciting, busy, fun and exhausting all at the same time. What a lovely week!

2. Juanita says:

Jennifer, that is a fantastic thing you did with the kids. I’m sure you were not only an inspiration to the children but to the volunteers that worked with you as well.

3. Elizabeth says:

You know I love this. And I would gladly love to help you next time. :)

4. chppie says:

What an encouraging project. I’d love to do something like this at my girls’ school. Thanks for featuring it.

So did you make custom-sized looms for this then?

5. Elise says:

Jennifer, congrats on your rewarding experience. I’m singing to myself “I’d like to teach the world to weave, in perfect harmonyyyyy…”. I think getting more looms in schools is a brilliant idea. Kids engage when they are engaged, it’s pretty intuitive really. I am wondering about a one for one kind of program where somehow you work it out that for every loom we buy a loom is donated/dedicated to your teaching project? Great post as always :)

6. Kim says:

Hi Jennifer! I just wanted to say how much Cole’s class enjoyed their weaving. Some of them were kind of blah about it before they began, but ended up loving it. In his class, there are a couple of boys who struggle academically and they partnered up with some really nice kids and had success and were very proud of themselves. We’ll be buying a loom or two soon, as Kara had more fun than Cole did. I’ll have to get a mini tutorial though – I know how to cut the shirts into 2 inch strips, but that’s about it! : ) Oh, and I need new sewing scissors. : ) Thanks again for doing it!

7. Julie says:

What a great project! You are an inspiration! If only we could survive on crafting. My kids have learned weaving in art class using yarn and cardboard pieces for the loom. They do love it.

8. Ronald says:

It is not all about joy and self-fulfilling dreams, Ladies. It is also about giving the children an opportunity to learn some elementary skills which they, of course, should enjoy and use in different ways in their lives later. This basic concept for the children enhances their development and promotes their ability to make sounding decisions for themself leading to their own independence and happieness. This craftworks is a great activity and I would always recommend this to all parents regardless of their opinions of what boys should supposingly do or girls should supposingly do. I was grown up without these traditional assumptions. I still do needlework now ( I am almost 47) and my son always wants my products and copy it for his own projects.

Herr Ronald Thompson

9. he SoftBank deal made Supercell worth about as much as Zynga, the social gaming publisher that has about 2,000 employees. But Supercell has only 150 employees