CraftSanity on TV: Crafty DIY Organizing Tips Using Recycled Containers Part 1

1. Jane says:

My brother made a lamp for my mother using this technique when he was in Vacation Bible School one summer. They placed a thinner coffee can on top of the shorter nut can and they used hay baling twine instead of yarn. The whole thing was finished off with a coat of shellac and topped with a western themed lamp shade. My brother is 64 now and our mother still uses that lamp!

2. jennifer says:

Oh, I love it! What a great memory, Jane. Thanks for sharing!

3. DianeP says:

How pretty! Those can covers are great – perfect way to use up leftover yarn bits and still have a stylish and pretty container.

Lots prettier than the old coffee cups I’ve been using.

4. Susan says:

Would love to see a basic pattern for your great can cozies!

5. Sarah says:

Jennifer – I love your ideas and would like a tutorial!

6. Something I’ve done is taken the small pill bottles from my allergy medicine, then wrapped and glued scrapbooking paper around them. I labeled them all, too, so I wouldn’t have to open them all to find out what’s inside. I think I might take your suggestion for my pen and scissors jars …

7. Christene says:

Thank you for sharing! I’ve got a bunch of these types of containers saved for organizing my craft space– now they’ll look pretty!

8. Brandi says:

This would work for knitting needles too.

9. Maria says:

Love your granny square cozy! What a cute way to use them!

10. Abra says:

My mom made a lamp for me like this when I moved out to college. She bought an old lamp from Goodwill and covered it with yarn in different shades of brown and cream so it was striped. Each stripe was a different width. I remember being really impressed.

11. domain says:

This post provides clear idea designed for the new visitors of blogging, that in fact how to
    do blogging.

1. January 7, 2012

[…] Ackerman-Haywood from CraftSanity shared some great ideas for turning household containers into craft organizers in a recent Take 5 segment for her local TV news. If you’re looking for a weekend […]