Throw on a Giant Doily Blanket and Celebrate Your Granny Style

1. Elizabeth says:

Oh man, these are totally gorgeous and I can’t wait to make one. Also, I love that you put this up here, pics and all. You make me laugh and are awesome! Much love,
    E

2. Adaiha says:

This is seriously awesome! Your doily looks great on the couch, on your back, and under the kitty! And you have just put into words why “I love this yarn” bothers me as a product name. Haha!

3. I once did the exact same thing with a different doily pattern. I had some worsted-weight acrylic stuff (probably Red Heart, but possibly Simply Soft) and a doily pattern, so I grabbed a big-enough hook and made myself a baby-blanket/mini-couch-throw hybrid. I’m not sure what happened to it, but perhaps I need to make another! Thanks for the reminder that it’s a worthy project!

4. Tabitha says:

I already have the pdf and I’m excited to get started on mine. I have the yarn and I’ll have a free evening on Friday :)

5. Brandi says:

“The best part is that sporting a doily on my back makes me feel like a craft super hero (with messy hair).” I love it. I also found the “I love this yarn” to be wonderful to work with but as I have no hobby lobby near me. I won’t have anymore anytime soon.

6. Cecilia says:

I love doily! And the picture on the couch remind me of a Salvadore Dali picture. :o)

7. jennifer says:

Cecilia, that doily photo was inspired by Dali. : )

8. Diana says:

Where do I find the pattern? I would love to try this out!

9. jennifer says:

Hi Diana. That pattern is featured in issue 4 of CraftSanity magazine. You can buy the pdf version on the left side bar of this site or order the print version by clicking the link to my etsy shop. Thanks for your interest. All the best! – Jennifer

10. Susie says:

Making several for gifts this year, I too love it.