Ripping Out And Starting Again: Puting A Couple Simplicity Products To The Test Under Deadline Pressure

1. Mandy says:

Have had the same tension/sound issues myself today and my own share of ripping out. I feel your pain!! Don’t give up Jennifer!

2. ellen says:

I’m going to run out and buy those snips as soon as $$ allows. My old combination of seam ripper and manicure scissors works but this looks much better. Your moral: always listen to your machine! I’ve had mine since 1968 (indestructible Kenmore) and she never lies!

3. Diane says:

My little Singer Featherweight has taken me to many quilting classes. Abandoned in a friend’s mother’s attic, I was so grateful to buy it for less than $200.

I do all my piecing in class on the Featherweight and then machine quilt on my Bernina with the quilting foot on it.

Good luck with the quilting – I’m sure you’ll do a wonderful job!

4. Martha Barrett says:

All I can say is that you may need to change your blog name to CraftInsanity if you don’t get a little more sleep. But you’re doing great, so I’ll just say Good Luck and I can’t wait to see the finished project.

5. Deb says:

Jennifer, I use an electric razor to get a stiches. They are built to not nick your skin, so it doesn’t nick the fabric, either. ZZZZZsst. Done, and then with a lint brush, I pick up all the thread ends. Done and done, easy peasy. Although, I do have sympathy for your frogging (ripit, ripit) session!

6. jennifer says:

Hi Deb. Thanks for posting. I haven’t tried the electric razor, but it sounds like I should invest in one. I would have saved me loads of time.

7. Earle says:

Precisely how much time did it acquire you to post “CraftSanity – A
    blog and podcast for those who love everything handmade

1. September 12, 2010