Next Week’s Column: Pine Needle Weaving!

1. jane says:

I’ve wanted to try this for many, many years. Registered for a class once but had to cancel for some reason or other. I think the pine needle baskets are just beautiful works of art. Looking forward to reading your piece.

2. I’ve never seen this before. It looks amazing! can’t wait for your next post about it.

3. Diane Roeder says:

Wow! Can’t wait to learn more about this!

What am I working on? I’m in the home stretch, working on a mixed media piece that I’ll be entering in the Creative Arts exhibit at the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield MA. Involves weaving, embroidery, needlefelting, and a little beadwork. All wool is from my sheep and hand-dyed by me. I’m enjoying the project immensely, but can’t wait to work on other things that are on hold!

Diane

4. turtle says:

so very interested in this!!

5. T. Crockett says:

I had no idea this craft even existed. I’m quite curious.

6. Diane P says:

Pine needle weaving looks like fun! Saw it a long time ago (I think it was on Carol Duvall) and they were weaving baskets – they were beautiful!

Since I only have about 20 crafts going on right now, decided to learn tea bag folding. Very pretty and easy to do, even for me!

7. Alessandra says:

This looks like a fun project!
    I received and love the looms, I’ll blog about them once I can start on a project.
    Thank you SO much, you’re very generous!

8. Betty VanderIest says:

I saw your basket weaving feature in today’s press and I would like to meet Alverna Sidor and show her some of my baskets I made from Judy Mallow’s book. Please give her phone # and that I can get in touch with her.

9. Yes! Finally something about exhibits northwest.