On The Bright Side: A Patchwork Potholder Rug Tutorial

1. LeeAnn says:

I love your rug! So, so cute. I also wanted to say that I’ve been listening to you podcasts while I sew. I feel like I’ve got a few friends in the craft room sewing along with me. Thanks!

2. Philipa says:

Hi Jennifer. I have missed you!! For some reason the last time I went to iTunes it wouldn’t down load your last podcast.

Yours was the first craft podcast that I listened to. When you were interviewed by Alison Rosen I went over to her podcast and listened to her and then downloaded all her back list. Through her I found Brye Lynne and Jean at Quilted Cupcake. I have since found more…. so your hiatus hasn’t been as painful as it might otherwise have been… but I still miss you!!

I have chopped up a heap of t shirts to make a few quilts for my children and myself out of the logos and so have lots of fabric ready to be sacrificed to something like this. I am going to have to buy one of your looms now though. Pot holder looms are not as common in Australia. Seems crazy though to buy something so you can recycle something else. But works for me.

Philipa in Queensland Australia (where we have a cyclcone hanging around off the coast and due to hit tomorrow.

3. cat schwartz says:

Hi Jennifer-
    I’m a new podcast listener and I LOVE your podcasts! I feel very inspired while listening and just wanted to say that I am really enjoying the site and the interviews.
    Thanks for sharing :)
    cat schwartz

4. Diane says:

So sorry to learn about your Grandfather’s health problems and hope he is recovering well.

Sorry, too, to learn of the problem with your credit card – that had to be sooo frightening?!?!

Good for you – keeping your focus on your family and work – and thank you for thinking of us readers/listeners. Hope all goes well with your tv segment today.

Love the rug – what a great idea! Your imagination is amazing!!

5. Beth says:

Thin Mints are my favorite too!

I’m glad your grandpa is getting better and hope he’s out of the hospital soon.

6. iHanna says:

Wow Jennifer, love that patchworky looking mat! I want to make one too! Maybe this will help me clear out some of the gazillion shirts and tops I’ve got – I don’t like to throw anything away! :-)

7. Rachelle says:

WHY couldn’t you make a summer-weight baby blanket like this? A lot of moms would love the splash of color as well as the “green-ness” of it. Then bibs, burping cloths…..