CraftSanity on TV: Making hats out of recyled wool sweaters

1. Very cool another great project to do.
    Thank you for sharing.

2. very fun! and what a precious little hat model you have there. :)

3. debbie says:

I just bought two wool sweaters at the dollar store and had lots of fun with them. Why they had them at the dollar store, do not know. They were selling them as “vintage” clothing.

4. Beth says:

So cool! Thanks for sharing, Jennifer!

5. Jennifer says:

What a great idea! I think I would need to add a liner to keep my skin from itching – that crazy wool. But, I could probably find a bit of fabric laying around somewhere.

PS – I just started following your blog, but I have listened to your podcast for a long time – and thanks for your creative stories and interviews. I look forward to them every month!

– Jennifer

6. SewCraftyMeg says:

Neat tutorial! I am looking for things to make from wool sweaters and love your hat project. Thank you for sharing!

7. Jan says:

I love this pattern. I have sweaters that I have a very hard time parting with because they are still in great condition but some are double digits old. Yep. I hand on to everything. So, now I can part with them to an extent.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jan

8. How about adding a pattern for mittens made from recycled sweaters. My daughter-in-law and I made 15 pair for Christmas presents and we have people wanting to have us make some. They sell for anywhere from $15.00 to $50.00 a pair.

9. Sabrina Preikszas says:

Do you talk to women’s groups?

10. Sue Smith says:

Can’t wait to try this. Has been on my to-do list for a while!

11. Carol Gregg says:

I have a stack of sweaters just waiting for this treatment! What a great idea and pattern, thanks for sharing with us!

12. Victoria says:

I have one of my husbands wool sweaters (that he thru into the dryer) just waiting to be made into a hat! Thanks.

13. Wilfredo says:

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this
    matter to be actually something that I think I would never understand.

It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for
    your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

14. renee says:

This is such a great idea, I was just at the thrift store petting all the sweaters trying to think what the heck I could do with them all. Now I know!

15. Gilda says:

I made two hats last night and they are WONDERFUL!!!! I will make more today–it’s addictive! ha ha thanks for the idea/tutorial!

16. Myles says:

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this
    onto a coworker who has been doing a little homework on this.

And he in fact bought me lunch because I discovered it for him…
    lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this
    issue here on your blog.

17. domain says:

Hola! I’ve been reading your weblog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead
    and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!

18. Elaine. Milligan says:

Any ideas for the top and arms of the sweater?

19. Anna says:

I am allergic to wool. Will another material work just as well?

1. January 21, 2010