CraftSanity Episode 104: A Conversation with Knitter Sally Melville

1. D R E W says:

hello! just wanted to drop by to say i love the podcast and listen to it all the time! i will be downloading a bunch of past episodes to listen to as i drive to chicago to sell at the renegade craft fair this weekend.

show suggestion: have you thought about interviewing the people at the martha stewart living crafts department? i’ve always wondered what exactly they do, how they got their jobs, etc. just a thought.

2. Thanks for stopping by D R E W. Check out my interview with Jessica Vitkus on CraftSanity episode 48 for info about what it’s like to craft for Martha. Enjoy! http://www.craftsanity.com/podcast/files/pod48.html

3. Turtle says:

loved the podcast! will have to check this book out.

i would also be interested in hearing from the gals who wrote Purls & pints!

4. Tami Knox says:

Great show, Jennifer. I love the aftershow. I am so happy the looms are doing well. I’ll bet the girls are happy to have you home; the most difficult job you’ll ever love.

5. Brye Lynn says:

Jennifer – yours is my favorite crafting podcast. You are the BEST interviewer.

Idea – Why don’t you write up the pattern for your looms and sell it to those who want to try to make their own. This way they are not stealing you idea with sneaky pictures and you are getting a little profit.

Plus if you have the pattern written, doesn’t that provide you with some copyright protection is someone else trys to sell a knock off of yours?

6. Kim says:

I loved this interview. I taught myself to crochet after I lost my baby after 4.5 months of pregnancy. Prior to that, my brain could not wrap itself around crochet techniques. But when I was at my lowest, it was all my brain could handle. I crocheted two afgans and many hats withing a short amount of time. My crafting helped me tremendously to make it throuh this incredibly tough time. I really appreciate Sally Melville being so open with her life.

7. Kim says:

Thankyou also for sharing about your life as well. I had not heard the part when you spoke about your loss when I posted my last comment. I am grateful for you and this blog.