Apron Pocket Decisions, Plastic Tattoos, Pinafores, Prints & Pin (Button) Collecting

1. Harriet says:

I’ve love to trade buttons with you…if I had a button! I just started thinking about getting a button maker…and if that doesn’t happen, our Etsy West Michigan group will be getting together to make some…so, I think I”ll try to sneak in a few personal ones that night!

Love your blog!

2. Catherine says:

I’ll bring one to the next craft club and swap.

And I would vote no pocket on the apron. I agree that the fabric looks great already. Could you make a more “plain” apron and attach the pocket to that one?

3. I look forward to swapping buttons with both of you ladies. Very cool.

On the apron front, yes, I can easily make a “plain” apron to attach the pocket, too. Can you believe how dramatic I’m getting with these apron decisions? There’s a financial crisis going on in America and I’m stressing over my apron pocket. Ah, well, I guess I’ll focus on the problems I can solve. : )

4. If only I made buttons! These are awesome. I must get a button maker.

5. Cassie says:

Geez…no button maker either, but I am going to vote no on your pocket for THIS apron. I love the pocket though, and it will definitely need a place to shine.

6. Renee says:

I, too, vote no on the pocket on THAT apron. Save it for another project OR make it a give-away (or sell it, I’d buy it!) I don’t have any buttons either but I have some cute button magnets. Will you trade a button pin for a button magnet?
    Renee

7. Okay. It’s totally settled. This apron will forever remain pocketless. Thanks for weighing in.

And, yes, Renee, I would love to swap a button pin for a button magnet. Just send me your address and I’ll drop one in the mail. My address in on the “Contact Me” page.

8. Tsoniki says:

What a great apron! I love it.

9. Turtle says:

your apron is great! love the buttons, hmm….maybe i will have to design one. can i ask where you had your’s printed up? thx

10. Sarah says:

I like the pocket, but also agree not on that apron. The apron is fantastic as is. Love love love it! I wish I had one just like it.

11. Thien-Kim says:

I saw no pockets! I love how arresting those bright prints are on your apron. Maybe you can use the pocket for another apron?

12. Harriet says:

if you really feel the need for a pocket, how about one that’s inside? I’m not a sewer so I’m sure I don’t know the correct name for it. But insert it where 2 of the fabrics meet…so you slip your hand into it…

13. erika says:

Love! your apron.

14. Deb says:

I think this apron rocks without the pocket! Can I ask what pattern you used? I want a button maker!

1. September 20, 2008

[…] few of you asked where I got the pattern for my last apron, which reminded that I have a story to tell about the book that inspired […]