A Sock Monkey Apron

1. Knitterella says:

That monkey is the cutest ever! I love it!

So sorry about the bleeding of the floss. I never would have thought that. That shouldn’t have happened I would have assumed it was colorfast – would almost want to contact the company. Well, I guess I did have something similar happen to me. I didn’t know I had to prewash trim for sewing and it bled into my garment – so mad!

I would hate to think you’d have to prewash embroidery floss – that would totally be a pain!

2. Karin says:

OMG, it looks JUST like her monkeys! It is adorable! I love the fabric you used for the bottom. It just goes perfect!

I would never have thought of the thread bleeding. OYE! Maybe try the stuff you are supposed to use for blankets? Oh I can’t remember the name of it. It is wash safe, because most use it to put a blanket stitch around fleece to make a blanket. If I think of it I’ll post again!

3. ok, that’s totally ace!

4. Turtle says:

so sweet!, too bad on the dye!

5. Sharon says:

Its so cute, no one will pay attention to that.

6. Rachel says:

I love the sock monkey embroidery! Love it!

7. Shelly G. says:

I love the sock monkey… So cute… I have a way to stop the red floss from running… When I used to cross stitch they would say to soak the red thread in water and white vinegar… It would set the dye and keep it from running… I hope it works for you :)

8. Very creative, I think the black sets the bright monkey shinning!

9. I love my new apron. Jennifer you need an etsy shop, and only sell aprons. Every one at the artisan market loved the apron, and they said I was so lucky to have received such an amazing apron, from such an amazing reporter. You are amazing and a great friend, Thank you so much for my apron, I will cherish it for ever.
    The sock monkey queen.
    Dulce

10. Harriet says:

I love the apron! I was going to suggest what someone already did…soak your floss in that vinagar solution…it really works! It takes some time, but it’s worth it…after all, you spent a lot of time on that apron.

11. Cecile says:

Great idea for an apron! I’d never seen an embroidered sock monkey!

12. Cathy says:

Great apron! I love Dulce’s sock monkeys!

13. Turnadaisy says:

That apron is adorable!!! A real ‘smile sticker’ (sticks the smile to your face) LOL!
    Turnadaisy

14. Next time you could try one of those color grabber sheets that you throw in the wash. I have heard it will reverse the damage.

xoxo,
    Samantha

15. K says:

Try using synthropol next time in the first wash after you finish the project. It should capture any errant dye. Good luck.

16. Renee says:

That has got to be the cutest apron I’ve ever seen! Great work!

17. Nevis says:

OMG, that apron is adorable.

18. sarah says:

did you try bleach pen on the white part?

thanks for all the crafty podcasts, btw!

like to listen while I craft

19. selyna says:

We specializes in embroidery and desier to establish business relations with you.
    Free charge for the first order!!!
    We are looking forward to working with you!