Little Stitches

1. Megan says:

How lovely.
    My 3 year old’s version of embroidery is here:
    I never would have thought to give her thread a needle at this age, until I read about the idea in The Creative Family by Amanda Soule.

2. Miss 376 says:

I love times like that. Mind you, I have had to hold back at times to let their own creativity show, it’s so easy to say “you should do it this way”.

3. Este says:

Thanks for this — it is so great to hear about other working moms fitting in craft time with their kids! I know what you mean about crafting with female relatives — it is the best kind of connection. Thanks for the moment and the honesty :)

4. Catherine says:

Did your little darling pose for this blog’s banner?

:) Hope you make it through the next week!

5. Nancy says:

What an adorable, totally charming story!!

6. Bev says:

This is great – well done to Abby! I love the fabric colour choices (hm, some of them look pretty familiar) – blue and orange are two of my favourite colours that zing and zap together, and I love the way she’s clearly chosen the thread specifically to go with each scrap. Congrats to your crafty club.

7. Emily says:

What fun to hear about your V.P.s enjoying craft time with you. It’s not perfect (what is?!), but it’s pretty darn close. Elbows are for nudging and bumping and interrupting! It’s really terrific that you enjoy your girls!

8. Turtle says:

Way to think Abby, keep thinking out of the box girl!! smile

9. jmbmommy says:

Beautiful senitiment…and so true. I just wanted to re-tell you, the podcasts just keep getting better and better. I find myself listening to other interviewers (in other genres) and thinking “Jennifer A.H asks WAY better questions that this goof!” I am just impressed, keep up the FANtastic work and momming!

10. Awesome! I love how you don’t teach your kids how to do things, and how you let them express themselves…I do the same thing with my six year old son, who also loves to stitch, do mail art, he even binds books. I’m teaching him how to knit right now. He loves doing what his mommy does!! I know that won’t last forever but I sure am enjoying it right now!

Kudos.